Frequently asked questions
- Do not feed the animals. They are fed daily with a specific diet.
- Do not knock on the glass, scream or provoke the animals. It may bother them, preventing them from showing their natural behavior.
- Do not go beyond the safety barriers of gardens or animal habitats.
- Do not throw garbage on the floor. Place it in the containers along the Zoo.
The visitor may be expelled if he does not comply with these rules.
Keep your ticket until the end of the visit.
According to the new rules, it is mandatory to wear a mask in all closed spaces inside the Zoo.
You can buy tickets at the Zoo Ticket Office or, to avoid queues and have access to faster and direct entry, you can buy online here.
Group Pricing, special conditions and Partnerships only available at the Zoo Ticket Office.
To visit the Zoo you do not need a reservation, however, you can purchase tickets online in advance, avoiding queues. For Group visits, booking is mandatory.
10 am – 7 pm * From April 1st to October 15th.
10 am – 5 pm * From 16 October to 31 March.
* Animals are collected 1h before Zoo closure. Zoo Santo Inácio is open every day except January 1st and December 25th.
The Zoo has a free and easily accessible outdoor parking. The parking opens 30 minutes before the opening hours of the Zoo.
Yes, all daily activities are included in the ticket price.
Zoo Santo Inácio has several spaces where you can have lunch or a snack, surrounded by nature:
– Zoo Restaurant for hot meals. No reservation required. – Snack Bar for quick snacks. Here you can find a microwave available to heat baby food. – Picnic Area, a place with tables where you can enjoy your meals brought from home. This space contains lockers (subject to availability) where you can store your belongings. – Throughout the Zoo you can find Bars with cold drinks, coffees and ice creams.
You can enter with food and lunch boxes inside the Zoo. You must enjoy meals brought from home at the Picnic Area. This space has lockers (subject to availability) where you can store lunch boxes. To use the lockers, you must request the key at the Zoo Ticket Office.
Note: Picnics are not allowed in the Zoo Restaurant and Snack Bar spaces. In this space, only purchased meals are allowed.
There are lockers at the Picnic Area, where visitors can store their belongings and enjoy their visit more comfortably. Lockers are subject to availability and reservations cannot be made. You must request the key to the lockers at the Zoo Ticket Office. It is necessary to present photo identification, which will be returned upon return of the key.
Note: the Zoo is not responsible for theft or property damage.
There is free Wi-Fi at the Snack Bar.
Anyone whose birthday coincides with the visit day will have 50% discount at the ticket office on the daily rate. Conditions for applying the discount:
- Discount applied only on the birthday ticket, valid for all ages.
- Mandatory presentation Identity card or passport.
- 50% discount on admission, applicable only on the anniversary day.
- Discount applied to the current price list, not compatible with other promotions. – Promotion valid on purchases made at the Zoo Ticket Office.
The bathrooms have baby changing spots. These spaces are duly identified on the Zoo Map, which you can consult here
The Zoo is adapted with ramps along the ways and adapted toilets. We also provide wheelchairs, which can be provided to visitors during the visit. The equipment must be collected at the Info, subject to availability, and it is not possible to make reservations. At the end of the visit, the equipment must be returned.
The Zoo also offers a special price for disabled people of 2€ discount.
Pets are not allowed in Zoo Santo Inácio, including guide dogs.
If you want to leave the Zoo and re-enter, you should go to the security guard at the entrance and request the exit. Afterwards, to reenter, you must go back to the security guard who will check the entry.
Reentries are only valid on the day of the visit.
The ZooCard is an annual card that allows unlimited visits during the period of 1 year and exclusive benefits in some services – you can renew it annually.
Sponsoring an animal in the Zoo is a way to participate in the Preservation and Conservation of Species. Sponsor one of the 200 species that the Zoo welcomes:
To offer a visit to the Zoo, you have to buy online tickets here. You can send it in digital format to your family member or friend and, on the day of the visit, they have to validate it on the tourniquets at the entrance to the Zoo. All tickets purchased online are valid for 120 days after purchase.